FESA's next Zoom presentation meeting is next Thursday 23 November at 5:30 pm Australian Eastern Summer Time (Qld 4:30 pm) – do bookmark it!
The topic is Electrical Switchboards - Standards and Fire Risks, to be presented by Martin Mulcahy (Envista) and Peter Hart (ATTAR).
Martin Mulcahy is Senior Electrical/Mechanical Technical Consultant with Envista Forensics. He previously managed the Lane Cove High Power Electrical Testing Station. He has extensive experience of electrical equipment testing. He was responsible for the Station's NATA accreditation covering a range of electrical testing capabilities. At Envista he is mainly engaged in forensic investigations related to heavy-current electrical equipment.
He plans to speak on –
Peter Hart is an engineering member of FESA. He is Senior Forensic Engineering Consultant with Advanced Technology Testing and Research (ATTAR) where he is involved in the full range of forensic electrical investigations.
Peter will address -
· Switchboard and system structure in commercial/industrial buildings
· Different compartments in a main switchboard. Who is responsible for what?
· What causes fires in switchboards?
· What are the protections against faults?
· Inspection and maintenance of switchboards.
· Three examples of switchboard fires.
· Forensic challenges arising from badly arc-damaged switchboard evidence.
Join the 5:30 Aust Eastern Summer Time Zoom meeting here:
Meeting ID: 633 966 2006
Zoom link is open from 5:20 pm AEST.
FESA is a non-profit registered organization. All communication with us is via firstname.lastname@example.org..